Polished concrete flooring is becoming a trendy alternative to traditional residential flooring. It offers simplistic maintenance and many colors and styling options. Many people would describe this kind of flooring as charming and even elegant, with the many advantages it has to offer, so many commercial and residential property owners are considering making the switch to the new modernized look that offers sophistication as well as beauty. Silver State Flooring has listed the benefits of polished concrete flooring for those that are trying to decide if it is right for them.
Pros of Polished Concrete Floors
1) Endurance: With proper maintenance, polished concrete can last for generations and with the natural passage of time, as the floors age, they will take on unique characteristics that only amplify the appeal and allure.
2) Versatility: Concrete floors are not only polished to shine, but they can be stained in a number of colors as well as a plethora of faux finishes. For example, a polished concrete floor with faux wood planking paired with stone veneered walls can give you the rustic charm you want with more durability and simpler maintenance.
3) Stain & Moisture Resistant: Concrete floors are very resistant; especially ideal for areas that get a lot off foot traffic and concrete floors are stain and moisture resistant among others.
4) Good for Allergies: A friendly alternative to carpets and tile and grout, polished concrete is ideal for allergy sufferers.
5) Durable: Concrete floors a sustainable if you are using an existing concrete slab. Instead of keeping the stained, sanded, and polished concrete floor tucked away in a basement, you have free reign to implement the refined look anywhere as it is an adequate option for any flooring you would like to utilize in your home or business.
6) Low Maintenance: Daily dust mopping or soft bristled broom for sweeping is ideal, but doing the deed as needed keeps the dust and dirt at bay. Conduct washing the floors by way of mopping with warm water and mild liquid soap once a week to ensure the dirty residue is neutralized is really all required. Additionally, installing baseboards will make clean up extremely easy. Once a year, professional maintenance for polishing and cleaning service will keep the concrete floor looking shiny and vibrant.
7) Cost-effective: A very cost effective flooring alternative. Consider that polishing plain gray concrete slabs into lustrous sheen and beautiful colors generally will cost between $2 and $6 a square foot; depending on the details. Tonal differences and natural cracks can take on a stone-like, earthy feel as well. The more ornamented finishes typically cost about $5-$8 a square foot. Homeowners and business owners have different colors and application techniques to apply their own custom and unique style and you can easily implement it into any interior design theme or décor. For a more decorative flare, scoring in grid patterns can also cost between $5 and $8 as well. For example, the floor can take on the look of limestone simply with a high-gloss seal, where the acrylic sealer can give off a freshly polished look that offers grace and class. Costing between $7 and $15, faux finishes such as marble, can give offer refined and stunning look without the heavy cost of authenticity.
Tile & Grout Cleaning in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
With the many benefits polished concrete flooring has, it is a no wonder why so many homes and commercial properties are investing in this popular trend. When you are in need of your annual deep cleaning, polishing and sealing services, contact Silver State Flooring Restoration today and let our experts restore the shine.