If the grout in between them is dirty and discolored, your gorgeous tiles simply will not look clean. The condition of your grout is the one difference between clean-looking tiles and disgusting-looking tiles. The grout between the tile always stains easily, no matter if the tiles are in the bathroom, kitchen, or elsewhere. For unwanted materials to stain your grout, unavoidable cooking spills make it easy in the kitchen. Also, to discolor your grout, the soap, mold, and mildew work in the bathroom. To make your tiled floors, walls, and counters clean, start with a thorough cleaning. To help, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to offer a simple method to remove pesky dirt and grime and make your tiled surfaces look good as new.
Easiest Way to Clean Tile & Grout Flooring
1) Start with prep. Spray the grout with hot water after you identify the tile and grout area that needs attention. Scrub in a circular motion as you follow the grout line with a stiff bristle brush, like a used toothbrush. This eliminates the surface level dirt and grime.
2) Mix a cleaning solution. To create a paste, combine together two parts baking soda to one-part hydrogen peroxide or vinegar. Use water instead of vinegar because high acidity can stain the tiles themselves if your tiles are coarse like marble. Because high acidity can stain the tiles themselves, use water instead of vinegar if your tiles are coarse like marble. Add a few droplets of dish soap if your tiles come in contact with grease, as they commonly do in the kitchen.
3) Application. Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes after spreading paste onto the affected areas of grout. This allows the cleaning solution to work its magic and work deep into the grout.
4) Scrub clean. To scrub through the grout lines and scrub off any remaining dirt and grime lifted up by the cleaning solution, use another stiff bristle brush.
5) Rinse. Use hot water to wash away the rest of the grout cleaner after adding a few drops of dish detergent to a cloth or sponge. This ensures tile and grout gets well-rinsed.
Grout Cleaner Products
Be careful when choosing to use a store-bought product, there is nothing wrong with using commercial grout cleaners or diluted bleach. With regular use, they are usually very harsh and will erode your grout. Make certain to read the label carefully.
Tile Grout Sealer
We suggest that you apply a grout sealer in the event you do not want to worry about dirty grout ever again. You can prevent dirt and grime from entering and accumulating, a grout sealer will cover any pores in the grout. Be sure to that the grout is completely dry before applying the grout sealer.
Tile & Grout Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Additionally, be sure to invest in deep cleaning services one or two times a year and then have the expert seal the tile and grout to maximize the condition of your tile and grout. For your tile and grout maintenance services in the Greater Las Vegas Valley, call in the professionals of Silver State Floor Restoration.