In today’s kitchens, most people are choosing natural stone for their counters. You can’t beat the beauty that natural stone countertops can add to your kitchen renovation. Not only are they beautiful, but they are also incredibly durable. There are several different types of natural stone counters you can choose from. It is important that you know what kind of maintenance is required when you’re choosing counters for your kitchen. Silver State Floor Restoration is here to talk about what maintenance is required for different types of natural stone.
Does All Natural Stone Need to Be Sealed?
Just because you have chosen a natural stone counter for your home, that doesn’t mean that you aren’t going to have to care for and maintain it to keep it beautiful. There are several different natural stones that are going to require regular sealing to keep them protected. Here are the different types of stone that require sealing.
– Marble: Many people choose marble countertops because of the luxury they exude. They will take your kitchen to the next level. However, they are porous and will require regular sealing to keep that luxurious feel and protect your investment.
– Quartzite: Quartz countertops are one of the most popular countertop choices on today’s market. Quartzite is the natural source that engineered quartz derived from. This stone has a strikingly beautiful appearance and is incredibly scratch resistant.
– Granite: Granite has been around for decades and is still a top choice for homeowners. It comes in many different colors and styles. However durable this countertop may be, it will still require regular cleaning and sealing to preserve its beauty. It can have intricate designs laced through it that you wouldn’t want marred in anyway.
What Does Sealing Natural Stone Do?
The natural stones that we mentioned above are all porous stones. This means that liquid, color and food can seep into the surface of the stone if it isn’t sealed to prevent it. When you have a “naked” or unsealed stone, you can face the following challenges.
– Staining that happens when liquids and spilled foods leave behind discoloring that can be nearly impossible to remove.
– Believe it or not, water can even cause staining on these stones that you can’t get rid of.
– Cleaning products have the ability to discolor and even etch the natural stone when it doesn’t have sealant on it.
Natural Stone Countertop Cleaning, Polishing, Sealing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have natural stone countertops that require sealing, you want to know that the company polishing and sealing your countertops are going to do a beautiful job in preserving your countertops natural beauty. At Silver State Floor Restoration, we will ensure your investment is protected with our polishing and sealing services. It is our goal to make sure your stone has the protection it needs against foods, drinks and other substances that can cause damage. Call us today!