Seeking help from professionals is the best and most effective solution for getting rid of stained, and filthy grout. For long-term cleaning, grout cleaning services from an expert is an essential step. We have a team of experts who can take care of all your grout cleaning needs and ensure your tile and grout is well-protected. Wherever you have tile, grout is always present. Grout is basically the glue that holds the tile in place. Though there are things you can do to protect the grout, it is naturally porous and absorbs everything incomes into contact with. Generally, bathroom grout gets stained because of residual soap and water, and on the kitchen, the major cause of staining is done from spills. Usually, the tile can be easily cleaned, but the grout suffers more so. Grout can quickly become stained and dingy, which can result in tough cleaning dilemmas. Today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to offer some methods to remove the grout.
How Do You Clean Grout Between Professional Cleanings
By using basic products that are easily available in your homes, you can get your grout cleaned. Below are some ways of maintaining your grout. To clean stained grout and restore the appearance of your tiles, a mixture of simple products lying around in your home is enough.
1) Brush and Warm Water. This is as basic as it needs. By simply using warm water and a soft-bristled brush, you can clean grout stains. Fill the water bottle with warm water. Scrub in circular motions after you spray the bottle on the grout lines. Your grout stains should be gone once the water dries up.
2) Water and Vinegar. You can add an equal amount of vinegar to the spray bottle if simple water doesn’t work. Pour equal parts warm water and vinegar in a spray bottle and apply it to the affected area, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Scrub the stains out using scrub brush and circular motions. For mild stains and heavy dirt, this is an optimal solution.
3) Vinegar & baking Soda. Add water to baking soda until you make a paste and apply it to the grout. Pour some vinegar on top of the paste and let it foam. Use a brush to scrub the stains and rinse them out with water once the foaming stops.
4) Bleach. Bleach can be harmful to grout in the long run, while it may be effective, bleach is often used to get out stains. Below are two common types of bleaches that you can use, but it should only be used when other methods are ineffective.
– Oxygen Bleach. Treating stained grout is effectively done with oxygen bleach. Make sure when you use it the area has ventilation since it is a strong product. Apply oxygen bleach solution to the grout and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse out the bleach with water.
– Chlorine Bleach. Only use this emergency because chlorine bleach is strong and harsh. Permanent damage can occur with regular chlorine bleach on grout. To clean grout stains and rinse them out immediately, use a chlorine bleach spray.
Tile & Grout Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
The professionals of Silver State Floor Restoration are readily available to provide quality tile and grout cleaning and can offer polish and sealing services to help protect your tile and grout and make it shine.