Tile and grout surfaces are used in many applications. Flooring, countertops, around bathtubs and showers, are the common areas where tile is used. With so many different options of manmade stone and natural stone along with the different sizes, cut, colors, patters, and so forth, tile and grout can make a statement all on its own and truly make any room look remarkable. With minimal maintenance and professional care, your tile and grout can look amazing for many years to come because of its durability and longevity. But one of the key maintenance treatment applications is sealants and we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to take the opportunity to share the benefits of the use of sealants where applicable on your tile and grout.
Advantages of Tile & Grout Flooring Sealants
Susceptible to absorbing moisture, germs, bacteria, and soil because grout is extremely porous, the accumulation can grow rapidly, making the grout look dingy, the tile dull, and expediting the deterioration. Sealants are applied to the surface to provide a protective barrier.
1) Cost Effective. Included as a part of routine maintenance; sealing the tile and grout is something that needs to be done every 6-12 months. Daily foot traffic and harsh chemical cleaners dissolve the sealants faster, but eventually time will cause sealant to dissipate. To extend the sealant, use mild soaps and soft cleaners are recommended for cleaning sealed tiled. Always get your tile and grout sealed following a professional deep clean.
2) Aesthetics. Sealants provide resistance to stains and blemishes, keeping the surfaces looking their best. Additionally, sealants contribute to the shine and vibrancy maintaining the luster and beauty of your tile and grout.
3) Increased Safety. Most sealants are enhanced with a slip resistant additive that helps people reduce the risk of slipping and falling while still preserving the shine.
4) Stain Resistance. Without the sealants, the grout especially can be marred with stains from soil and mildew among other sources. With the sealants acting as a barrier, most stains are prevented with diligent maintenance.
5) Reduced Moisture Absorption. As we have mentioned, grout is porous in nature, prone to absorbing moisture which leads to mildew and mold growth. Since grout and tile are often used in kitchens and bathrooms where the moisture content is high, having the sealants is essential to avoid the majority of the moisture from seeping in.
6) Simplified Maintenance. With sealants routinely applied, the daily maintenance becomes simple. The grout doesn’t quickly look dingy and the tile dull, making your cleaning efforts a lot easier.
7) Lifespan. Decay can quickly begin in grout especially without the proper sealants. To ensure your tile and grout lasts to its expected lifespan and even beyond, regular cleaning, professional deep cleaning, and routine sealant application is required.
8) Prevent Mold and Mildew. As we touched on before, the grout can house moisture and under the right circumstances, the grout can house a breeding ground for mildew and mold. Sealant prevents the mildew and mold growth that are not only unsightly, but expedite deterioration and can be harmful to your health.
Tile & Grout Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Floor sealants are very important and we at Silver State Floor Restoration understand what sealants are best on specific types of tile and grout. When you need your tile and grout sealed, call us and let our specialists ensure your tile and grout is well protected with our quality sealants.