When it comes to selecting the various elements of your home’s interior, you have a plethora of options. Color of the assortment of surfaces is one of the major choices. From paint to flooring options, finding the right colors you can live with and represents your tastes can be far more difficult than you realize. The tile for example, is paired with grout. Not only do you have a plethora of options for tile’s color, but you also have quite the assortment of color of your grout as well. Whether you are installing grout and tile together or simply need to re-grout your tile, picking a color can be a challenge. With that in mind, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share some suggestions that might help you find the best color for your grout.
Tips for How to Choose Grout Color
1) If you are getting tile installed, first pick the type and color of your tile first. Tile is obviously the priority where the grout is a smaller detail that contributes to the overall aesthetics of the finished result. There is natural stone and manmade stone tile that has a number of options concerning the colors, patterns, and mosaic among other options and you can better narrow down the grout’s color after selecting the tile.
2) Decide if you want the grout to subtly blend or provide more contrast and stand out. Consider the design and color scheme of the room itself and what other surfaces and textures are there. Finally, decide on the overall look you are trying to achieve.
3) For example, if you opted for a tile that has a pattern on it and you want it to blend more so, then match grout’s color with the color of the pattern. Have the tile and grout colors be as close as possible to achieve the more uniform style. Along with the tile edges, the grout joints will be less obvious from a distance. However, maintenance is a little more involved, especially when utilizing the lighter shades to keep the methodical appearance
4) If you prefer the grout to stand out and be more contrasting. The joints and tile layout will be bolder. If you want to make a statement, the kitchens have the darker grout in conjunction with lighter tile. Little maintenance is an added benefit as the stains are less apparent.
– You want to be sure to choose the colors that will complement each other when using more of a contrast look and that the color of the grout doesn’t clash with any other colors in the room.
– Keep in mind the caulk will need to match or at least blend with the color of the grout in your choice of color scheme.
– Always follow manufacturer’s directions to ensure the grout will be efficiently applied if you intend on doing the tile and/or grout work yourself. For maximum effects, utilize the same brands of caulk and grout
Tile Regrouting & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Re-grouting can be a difficult task, especially if you have never had any exposure to the process. To make certain the job is done correctly, you can rely on the experts of Silver State Floor Restoration for assistance with our grout services. Contact us today!