Hardwood floors can add luster and charm, improve value to any home or business, and the maintenance is fairly easy to contend with. With so many options to choose from, hardwood floors have many options with versatility in colors, types of hardwood floors and the way they are installed can leave with seemingly unique looks.
How to Clean & Care for Hardwood Floors
Properly cared for hardwood floors, including professional maintenance can last for decades. Today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share some tips on keeping your hardwood floor looking glorious.
1. Regular dust mopping of hardwood floors. No matter how much foot traffic your hardwood floor gets, you need to dust mop the floor once a day at minimum to remove the dust that settles. More so to remove the dirt, grime, and debris that has fallen on the surface. Removing the debris is essential. If it is left behind the dirt can scratch and scuff up the floor just by walking on the floor.
2. Area rugs to protect hardwood floors. At entrance points, in main walkways and areas you should have an area rug, walk off mat, and runner to protect the wood floor from the granules under shoes. Keeping your hardwood floor better protected is optimal for preserving the hard wood floors.
3. Hardwood floor spills. Substance and liquid spills need to be cleaned immediately. Moisture in hardwood floors is a recipe for disaster. If moisture of any degree is left to absorb into your hardwood floors, the floors will begin to deteriorate, and depending on the degree of damage, could force you to make repairs and/or replacements far sooner than necessary.
4. Avoid water on your hardwood floor. As previously mentioned, cleaning up water and liquid spills need to be done so promptly. Any flooding or other water damage done need to be contended with immediately as soon as possible. It can not only cause water damage, but it can also cause mold and mildew.
5. Test spot before cleaning stains on hardwood floors. Stains can still happen on hardwood floors. If they do occur, the cleaner you chose to use should be tested in an inconspicuous area to ensure it will not compromise the condition of your hardwood floor.
6. Professional hardwood flooring maintenance. Every so often, depending on your diligence, professional maintenance will be needed to refinish the surface of your hardwood floor if applicable. Depending on the hardwood floors they will need to be sanded, lacquered, and refinished accordingly. Some hardwood floors are solid, engineered or laminated. Laminated floors cannot be sanded and refinished, engineered floors can be lightly sanded and refinished, and solid hardwood floors can be sanded a few times before they need to be replaced.
Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Restoration in Las Vegas Valley NV, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
Silver State Floor Restoration can perform professional restoration for hardwood floors. Our experts have training, experience and high-end products exclusively sold to licensed professionals to deliver exceptional results for our valued customers. If your hardwood floors are in need of professional services contact Silver State Floor Restoration and schedule your appointment to obtain our hardwood floor restoration service. Call us today to get started!