Part of the draw for those that live in the Las Vegas Valley is that we can enjoy the outdoors when many other places can’t. Because of this, we have some pretty spectacular outdoor spaces. Many of these outdoor spaces are enhanced with the use of tiled surfaces. They are used in water features, swimming pools, patios and outdoor kitchens. It is important that these tiles are cared for properly to ensure they are long lasting. Silver State Floor Restoration is here to talk about why it’s so important that you seal your outdoor tile.
Is it Really Necessary to Seal Outdoor Tile?
There are many risks you take when you choose to not have your outdoor tiles sealed. Here are some of the problems you might run into.
– Water: Water itself isn’t a real threat to your tiled surfaces. However, usually there are other contaminates that are found in water that can prove to cause problems like oils, chemicals, acids, pollutants and other debris. This can lead to bacterial and fungal growth that can be a problem.
– UV Exposure: This is a big one in Vegas. UV exposure can end up causing fading and other imperfections to become a problem. When you have your tiles sealed, you avoid this problem all together.
– Weather Events: With climate change the way it is, you never know what kind of weather could come your way these days. When you have your tile cleaned and sealed, you give it the best chance possible at weathering whatever storm may come its way.
Types of Tile Sealants
There isn’t just one type of sealer that is a one size fits all situation. There are different types of sealers that work best for certain circumstances.
– Water-Based: usually a solvent chemical like polymer is dispersed in water to create this sealer. The water takes the polymer into the pores of the tile and they come closer together as the water evaporates to create a strong barrier.
– Penetrating: This is used for concrete or masonry tiles as it permeates deep into the pores of the tile. This can seal the tile without creating a film on the top of the tile.
– Solvent-Based: If you have granite or marble surfaces, this is the type of sealer you want. This offers deep penetrations and dries faster than water-based sealers. You have to be careful to wear protective clothing when handling this type of sealer as it shouldn’t make contact with your skin.
Tile & Grout Cleaning in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
It doesn’t matter what type of tiles you have in your outdoor space you want them to have the upmost protection. At Silver State Floor Restoration, we offer exceptional tile cleaning and sealing services that will give your tile the protection it needs to withstand the outdoor elements for years to come. We will make sure your outdoor space stays beautiful and vibrant no matter what mother nature throws its way. Call us today!