There are many options when it comes to tile and grout, from synthetic materials to natural stone, the varieties are endless. Porcelain tile is one of the common applications. With the assortment of options, people can enjoy something that is fitting to their style, budget and have a durable surface. We at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to elaborate on the maintenance designed to keep the porcelain tile in your home gorgeous.
Cleaning & Caring for Unglazed & Unpolished Porcelain Tile
1) Optimally daily, sweep or vacuum on the bare floor setting, the porcelain’s surface, be sure to do it at least 2-3 times a week at the least.
2) For washing the porcelain, be sure to select a cleaner designed for unpolished/unglazed porcelain tile. Cleaning sections at a time for more control, apply the cleaner to the floor and agitate it slightly. Let the cleaner soak in for 5-10 minutes, do not let it dry.
3) An abrasive pad, scrub brush or cleaning machines may be required for tough stains.
4) Clear away the water detergent, along with the dirt it has brought to the surface with your mop.
5) Follow up by drying the surface with a dry, clean towel.
6) If residual stains are being difficult to eliminate, call in a professional.
Maintaining Porcelain Tile that is Polished or Glazed
1) Daily, or at least three times a week, sweep the floors with an untreated dust mop, or a vacuum on the bare floor setting daily.
2) To mop the floors, use a mild cleaning solution.
3) Be sure to follow up after they are cleaned with a damp rag or mop treated with only water to rinse the soap residue.
4) Dry with a clean towel to avoid water spots after you have rinsed.
Cleaning Textured Porcelain Tile
1) In 2 different directions, sweep with a soft bristled broom, or vacuum on the bare floor setting daily or as often as needed.
2) Completely immerse your floor with a mixture of a neutral cleaning detergent with hot water. Allow solution to soak in for about 5-10 minutes. Scrub in 2 directions with a scrub brush.
3) With clean, cool water, rinse the floor thoroughly.
4) It is recommended that the high-traffic areas get wash them down daily.
What to Avoid when Caring for Porcelain Tile
1) Stay clear of using ammonia, bleach or acidic based cleaners to avoid compromising the tile and grout.
2) Do not use any oil base detergents, wax cleaners, or sealants.
3) Any cleaners that have any dyes in the cleaner should never be used on unglazed/unpolished tiles.
4) Avoid wool pads.
5) To avoid damage and excess filth, use area rugs in high-traffic areas.
Manmade Tile Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When you want to ensure that the porcelain tile and grout are deeply cleaned, call in the professionals of Silver State Floor Restoration and let our qualified professionals get the porcelain restored with the vibrancy and freshness. We use high-power equipment to ensure your porcelain tile and grout is efficiently cleaned and sanitized. Contact us today!