The devil is in the details when it comes to presentation. Those details lie in between your tiles if you have tile flooring anywhere in your home, office, or business. For your grout, it is important if you want your floors to maintain their clean and attractive appearance, and too many home and business owners overlook. With this in mind, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to discuss a few grout cleaning tips.
What is the Best Way to Clean Tile Grouting?
1) Begin with water and a brush. It is still better to try some good old-fashioned water and elbow grease first while it is not bad to use product on your grout if you have the right one. Use a grout brush to scrub away dirt, grime, and stains after you spray warm water onto your grout. This is still beneficial for removing the first layer of debris, even if you end up needing a tougher solution.
2) Create a mixture of water, baking soda, and vinegar for light stained grout. Combine equal parts water and vinegar with baking soda in a bowl if water is not doing the trick. To give the mixture a paste-like consistency, add enough baking soda. Rinse with water after you use the brush to scrub the mixture onto the grout. You can add a little hydrogen peroxide and dish soap to your solution as well for more stubborn stains.
3) To remove deeper grime and staining with steam cleaning. Good for grout that has a lot of dirt, mildew, and/or more severe discoloration is steam cleaning with a steam mop. As opposed to using harsher cleaners with bleach, it is also an environmentally friendly option. When you are done, be sure to reapply, though steam cleaning can also remove your grout’s sealant.
4) Consider professional cleaning services if stains are still stubborn. Sometimes you need the power of an expert to remove the stubborn stains. They have the expertise to remove even the toughest stains. Using powerful equipment and premium products, professional tile and grout cleaning can help significantly.
5) Invest in sealant. Grout is extremely porous and prone to absorbing a number of substances. As a result, it can easily discolor or stain. With sealants, it acts as a protective barrier that helps resist the absorption. Generally, you need to reseal every year after it has ben deep cleaned and thoroughly dried.
Why is Professional Tile & Grout Cleaning Important?
Professional cleaning should also be done annually, whether if you have stains or not. Deep cleaned extracts residual moisture, dust, dirt, and any other substances along with any mold or mildew. To ensure your tile and grout are properly cleaned and sealed, it should be done at the same time by the experts.
Tile & Grout Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
When your tile and grout is in need of professional maintenance in the Las Vegas, NV Valley, call the professionals of Silver State Floor Restoration. Our professionals possess the formal training and daily experience that give them the expertise to tackle any issue. We use superior products and powerful equipment to ensure your tile ad grout is well taken care of.