Most people want tile floors to look shiny and streak-free but few have been unable to accomplish the task. The incorrect mopping technique and wrong cleaning solution can result in streaks on the surface, making your tiles look dirty and grimy, even if you clean the tile regularly. Today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to offer some assistance to keep your tile clean and streak-free.
What is the Best Thing to Clean Tiles With?
Gather the Following Supplies:
– Vinegar or commercial cleaner
– Spray bottle
– Broom or vacuum
How to Clean Shiny Floor Tiles Without Streaks
Clean tile floors without streaks by following the steps below.
1) Sweep Surface Dirt. The surface of the tile can be damaged from loose particulates that can scratch. After you’ve mopped the area, they also increase the chances of streaks developing on the floor. Before mopping them, it is crucial to sweep your tile floors. Spend a few minutes sweeping the room with a dust mop or broom even if the floors look clean. Work your way to the entrance after you start from the furthest corner of your room. Collect all the debris in a dustpan once you have reached the door.
2) Cleaning Solution. The key to streak-free tile floors is using the right cleaning solution. You can buy a commercial cleaner that is best for cleaning tile floors or mix ½ cup vinegar into a gallon of warm water to create a DIY cleaning solution, which ever your preference is. Make sure the cleaner is not too weak or too concentrated, regardless of which option you choose. You will not be able to clean tile floors properly if is not strong enough. It is likely to leave behind streaks or residue if it has a high concentration, however.
3) Mop Selection. Each type of mop serves a different cleaning purpose, though they may look somewhat similar. Cotton string mops can clean large rooms and sponge mops are ideal for cleaning spills and spots in a small area, for example. microfiber mops are highly absorbent and an excellent option for cleaning tiles and spin mops can help remove stubborn stains. The best for cleaning tile floors in residential settings are both cotton string mops and microfiber mops.
4) Efficient Mopping Technique. The mopping technique plays a huge role in developing streaks on the floor when it comes to cleaning tiles. Dip it in the cleaning solution and wring out the excess liquid before cleaning the floors in a figure-eight pattern if you are using a cotton string mop. Turn it over to the clean side when one side of your mop gets dirty. Make sure to wash the mop when both sides are dirty. You will only be spreading dirt around the room instead of cleaning it. Spray a small section of the tile floor with the cleaning liquid and move the mop in an up-and-down motion for a microfiber mopping. Clean it in the sink to properly remove the dirt when the mop gets dirty. Keep in mind that using a dirty mop can also result in blotchy streaks on your tile floors.
Tile & Grout Floor Cleaning, Polishing & Sealing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes to professionally cleaning your commercial and residential tile in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas, the expert technicians of Silver State Floor Restoration provides high-quality tile restoration services.