In most bathrooms, the floors and countertops are tile and grout, and this is a common place where men and women alike perform their beauty regiments, both at the start of the day, and at the end of it. especially if your tile isn’t sealed, tile and grout can potentially stain if not immediately treated when our beauty products spill, splatter, or drip on these surfaces. The common beauty regiment products that can stain on tile and grout includes lip stick, makeup nail polish, hair dye, and hair removing wax, and we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to explain how to address them.
Will Hair Color Dye Come Out of Grout?
1) Dampen a cloth in a soapy water mixture (combine 1 cup of warm water with approximately 1 tsp of mild dish soap). Use the cloth to wipe the dye off.
2) Make a paste of baking soda and water if the residue remains. Gently scrub the area clean with an old toothbrush.
3) Take a water damp cloth/rag to wash away the residues.
1) Wash away the stains using a cloth dampened in a soapy water mixture (combine 1 cup of warm water with about 1 tsp of mild dish soap).
2) Add 1 tsp of ammonia to the warm soapy solution and damp a cloth and re-wipe the surface if a residual stain remains.
3) Use a water only damp cloth to rinse and dry immediately with a clean, dry rag.
What Dissolves Hair Removal Wax on Tile Grout?
1) Rub an ice cube over the surface to harden the wax as much as possible.
2) Once it hardens, use a safe scraper to chip it off the surface. Stick with a plastic scraper or an old credit card since a metal scraper for tile as it could scratch. Be careful not to damage the grout or tile as you scrape.
3) Lay a paper bag or old towel over remaining wax if wax persists in the grooves and grout.
4) Over the bag or old towel, gently rub a warm clothes iron set on low with no steam.
5) You can heat it up using a blow dryer if there is not an iron available. Put it on high heat and point it at the bag or towel, hold it a few inches away.
6) Make certain to transfer the wax on different areas of the bag or towel as you rotate it.
7) Repeat these steps as necessary until no more of the wax remains.
How Do You Get Dried Nail Polish Off of Tile Grout?
1) Soak a paper towel with non-acetone nail polish remover.
2) Place the paper towel on the grout and press it down and ensure the paper towel is covering the spot in whole with firm pressure.
3) To break the nail polish up, allow the paper towel to sit for 3-5 minutes.
4) Using an old toothbrush dipped in nail polish removal, gently scrub the area until the stain is gone.
5) With a water damp cloth to rinse the area and follow with a dry rag to remove the residual moisture, once stain is gone.
Tile & Grout Cleaning & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Silver State Floor Restoration can help remove these stains or any others from your tile and grout. You can avoid stains on the grout and tile with proper sealing and immediate action. Call us today to have your tile and grout floors cleaned and sealed!