Readily available are many tile options and applications for homes and businesses alike. Consumers can use both natural stone and manmade materials for their tile and they are offered in a variety of sizes, colors and style. As they usually just pick it for the way it looks, few give little thought to the maintenance involved and the vulnerabilities tile have. Different types of tiles require specific overall care and maintenance, though many think “tile is tile.” The dos and don’ts of concerning natural stone tile care and maintenance is what we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share today.
Do’s of Tile Care
1) Particularly with beverages derived of alcohol or acidic content, drinks should be placed on coasters. The acidic compounds, such as the acid in food and drinks can cull the surfaces are susceptible stones are marble, onyx, and travertine.
2) A daily surface cleaning for the tile and grout along with weekly deep clean should be implemented and is necessary.
3) Never place hot plates or cookware directly on the stone and ensure to keep a dish pad or mat between the tile surface and hot items.
4) On bathroom, grout or tub and tile cleaners, never use abrasive cleaners like soft or dry cleansers, as well as vinegar, lemon juices, or citrus or acid-based cleaners.
5) Since it is toxic, do not mix bleach and ammonia.
How Do You Maintain a Natural Stone Floor
1) When the tile floors need a washing, use a damp mop with plain water more often than chemical cleaners. Also, when it requires more cleaning than water but in a pinch mild vegetable should work on most natural stone, always be sure your specific tile has the appropriate cleaner.
2) By using a dust mopping, sweeps or vacuuming on the bare floor setting, remove the debris daily.
3) To better protect your stone floors, place rugs in high traffic areas.
4) Immediately wipe up spills.
How Do You Clean & Care for a Natural Stone Vanity or Countertop
1) Quickly treat spills and avoid letting acidic products contact the countertops.
2) When water is not cutting it, only use appropriate detergents specific for your natural stone tile.
3) To reduce streaking following the wiping down of the countertops with a damp cloth, promptly follow-up with a dry cloth.
Care for Natural Stone Shower Walls
1) With a squeegee after every use, you can minimize the soap scum buildup.
2) If you notice any signs of damage and wear, routinely evaluate the grout and caulk lines and make the needed repairs as soon as possible.
3) Using other cleaners can potentially lead to corrosion, only apply the designated cleaners specific to your natural stone tile to remove soap scum.
Natural Stone Cleaning, Sealing & Polishing in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
To keep your tile looking its best, Silver State Floor Restoration is readily available for your deep cleaning, sealing, and polishing needs. Schedule your appointment and call us today!