Natural stone is beautiful, but some types, like marble, are more porous than others. This means it scratches and etches more easily. It’s also more sensitive to acids in certain foods and some of the cleaning products on the market. Natural stone surfaces are often overlooked but need to be cared for to keep them looking great. Natural stone can be found in bathrooms, kitchens and other areas in your home. Professional cleaning will ensure your natural stone looks as beautiful as it did the day it was installed. Plus, your home will be a cleaner and healthier place to live.
Steps to Natural Stone Cleaning
1. Pre-inspection of Natural Stone Tile. Any natural stone cleaning needs to start with a pre-inspection. This step is necessary to come up with a customized care plan for the needs of your specific stone and what you want to achieve.
2. Preparation of Hard Floors. Professionals will treat your home like their own. The surface area will be prepared to protect all the areas that surround the stone to be treated with plastic and tape.
3. Natural Stone Cleaning. Different floors require different processes. Cleaning products need to be used for specific stones. Some need to be hand scrubbed while others can be brushed. The stone is then rinsed off with equipment that is mounted to a truck. Hot water extraction is the best way to thoroughly clean natural stone. It will remove the most soil and get the best results.
4. Diamond Grinding of Natural Stone Surfaces. Rest assured, natural stone that is scuffed, etched or scratched can be restored with diamond grinding. A rotary machine with mechanical abrasives attached underneath it and water can get the job done. This process removes just enough of the stone to get below the imperfections. Then surface procedures can be done.
5. Natural Stone Floor Honing. Stone can be resurfaced mechanically with diamond abrasives to achieve a honed sheen on the surface. Pre-existing surface polish can be removed with the honing process.
6. Polishing of Natural Stone Flooring. The polishing process can remove light etching scuffs and scratches to produce a high gloss finish, but if the imperfections are deeper, diamond grinding will ne necessary for a glossy shine.
7. Sealing of Natural Stones. Natural stone will need to be sealed after it has been cleaned. There are different types of sealers that can applied with a professional grade sealer. Floors that are sealed are protected, last longer and add value to your home.
8. Post Inspection of Natural Stone Tile Floors. The final step to natural stone cleaning is the post-inspection. This is done to ensure problem areas were taken care of and to provide you with tips to maintain your natural stone floors.
Natural Stone Floor Cleaning & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
It’s a good idea to hire professionals to clean your natural stone surfaces. It’s harder and more time consuming than it looks and if it’s done incorrectly you’ll be unhappy with the results. Silver State Floor Restoration has a dedicated team of highly experienced specialists for routine cleaning and dealing with any difficult issues with natural stone. Call us today to get your stone surfaces sparkling!