If you are lucky enough to have natural stone flooring in your home, you know how important it is to clean and care for it properly. While this stone surface may seem like it is bulletproof, you still need to be careful about what you are using to clean your flooring. There are some cleaners that should never be used on natural stone as they can cause permanent damaged to the stone’s surface. Silver State Floor Restoration is here to share some tips for everyday natural stone cleaning to help you avoid causing damage to your natural stone floors.
How to Properly Clean & Protect Natural Stone
Everyday cleaning on your natural stone doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, there is a reason so many people choose to have natural stone in their homes; it is incredibly easy to clean and maintain. It is just important that you are cleaning and maintaining it using the right supplies so that you avoid causing damage.
– Start cleaning using a damp cloth and a pH neutral soap. A great soap to use is a mild dish soap.
– You should avoid using any abrasive cleaner on your natural stone because it can cause damage to it and etching over time. Abrasive cleaners can also strip away the sealant on your stone surface as well.
– If you have food or other substance crusted onto the surface of your natural stone, you can use a soft bristled brush to gently work at removing the debris. Use circular motions so that you avoid scratching the stone’s surface.
– After you have cleaned your stone’s surface, use a towel to dry it. This will help you avoid any spotting that comes when you let it airdry.
– When you are using glass cleaner to clean any mirrors or other glass surfaces around your natural stone, make sure none of it gets on the stone. It can cause etching that will be permanent. Always use cleaners on your stone that are specifically formulated for natural stone cleaning.
– Shake any doormats and rugs that you use in your home on your stone surfaces regularly. This will help keep the amount of dirt and other debris out of the house as much as possible. When you remove this from your home, it can help you avoid any scratching that comes when a rug is moved on the floor and is full of dirt and dust.
– You can use a damp mop on your stone floors, but don’t use the vacuum. The attachments and beater bars on your vacuum can cause scratching to your flooring.
Natural Stone Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
While natural stone is incredibly durable, it is important that you turn to the pros at Silver State Floor Restoration for your natural stone cleaning needs. We will ensure it is done properly to avoid damaging your natural stone surface. Call us today!