Because they cannot be removed with simple tile and grout cleaning, accidental paint spills on the tile and grout can be a disaster. It will make your tiles look ugly as it may leave stains behind. You need to remove it and its stain if the dried paint means it is already settled on the tiles and grout. To help you remove dry paint and its stains completely, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share an effective tile and grout cleaning method.
How to Remove Paint from Tiles
1) Scrape the Paint Off. To remove dried paint from the tile and grout surface, use a butter knife or scraper. You may damage the grout and tiles if you rub hard, so be cautious.
2) Use Acetone Paint Remover. Dampen a clean old rag or a clean cloth in the acetone paint remover. This will make it easier to remove paint and its stain as it will work on all types of paints as it can break down the particles. With the cloth damped in acetone paint remover, gently rub the affected areas on the tiles and grout. You will notice the stain to begin fading as the paint transfers from the tiles and grout to the cloth. Until the stain is removed or faded, you can damp it again in the acetone paint remover and continue rubbing.
3) Tile and Grout Cleaning is Effectively Done with Lemon. The stain will be lifted, with the acetone paint remover usually. Follow the steps below if you still experience the stain.
– Make a thick slice of it by slitting it from a big lemon. Directly on the stained area, place this lemon slice. To cover the complete tile and grout that has a stain, you can use multiple lemon slices.
– Leave it for one or two hours after you take a heavy book or a plastic bag and put that on the lemon slices.
– Take off the lemon slices.
– In the last step of tile and grout cleaning, rinse off the tiles and grout.
The paint stain should be effectively removed.
4) Use Distilled White Vinegar. If the paint stain persists and you still see paint stains on the tile and grout in Las Vegas and surrounding areas, follow the steps below.
– In distilled white vinegar, mix a few drops of essential oil. For effective tile and grout cleaning, heat it up to make it a bit warm solution.
– With a magic eraser and moisten it into the cleaning solution.
– For two to five minutes, dab moistened the magic eraser on the affected area.
– For 15 minutes, leave the stained area.
– From the tiles and grout, rinse off vinegar.
Tile & Grout Cleaning, Sealing, Polishing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Stains, including paint stains can be challenging to remove from tile and grout, especially, if the tile is not efficiently sealed. Whether you have stains that need removing or simply need maintenance services for your Las Vegas Valley home or business, call in the professionals of Silver State Floor Restoration and well will help you.