Commercial and residential buildings commonly feature tile and grout in many rooms, especially in bathrooms and kitchens. With the variable styles, colors, patters, and textures, its versatility, affordability, and durability keep the porcelain tile trending. In most cases, when the damp cloth or even a few dabs of lighter fluid isn’t doing the trick, there are alternative methods to remove common stains. We at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share common stains on porcelain and how to remove them.
How to Remove Scuff Marks from Tile?
The scuff marks made by shoe heels and the sneakers’ rubber burns can be cleaned off with a neutral floor cleaner diluted at one ounce per gallon of water and mopping techniques.
How to Clean Hard Water Deposits from Porcelain
Scrub the area clean after generously sprinkling baking soda over the surface and allowing it to seep in for a few minutes. Use a cloth dipped in warm water to wash.
How to Clean Oil Spills Off Porcelain Tile Floors
Mix together household scouring powder and water to form a paste. Apply the paste onto the oil stain and allow it to sit in overnight. Scrub the area well with warm water.
How to Clean Grease Off Floor Tiles
Dilute a strong household detergent or a solution made of trisodium phosphate with warm water. Dip a stiff-bristled brush in the solutions and use circular scrubbing patterns to break through the grease.
Porcelain Tile Mildew Stain Removal
Dissolve the mildew stains with the 1 cup laundry bleach and 4 cups water. Sponge the solution onto the stain and scrub clean. With a commercial mildew remover that contains sodium hypochlorite can help more stubborn mildew stains. If you need to use this option, wear gloves and ensure the area is well ventilated.
How to Get Paint Off Porcelain Tiles
Using turpentine or paint thinner treated cloth, to remove fresh oil-based paint. Dip a cloth in a warm water and mild dishwashing liquid to remove fresh water-based paint. Once appropriate remedy is applied to the paint, use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the surface clean.
Cleaning Tea & Fruit Juice Spills on Tile
Combine 4 cups hot water and 1 tablespoon trisodium phosphate to wash the affected area. With 3 tablespoons laundry bleach mixed combined in 4 cups of water promptly treat the area to efficiently remove the stain. With a water-damp, clean cloth, remove the residues once the stain is gone.
How to Get Coffee Stains Off Porcelain Tile
To remove the coffee stain, sprinkle baking soda over the affected area and scrub clean with a cloth, if necessary, repeat with a soft-bristled brush. Using a different, clean, but damp cloth, rinse the baking soda remnants away.
Extra Porcelain Tile Cleaning Tips
1) For scrubbing the porcelain tile, avoid harsh abrasive scrubbing paraphernalia and only use a nylon pad or a bristle brush.
2) The stain can resurface from the compromised solution settling on the surface so always following the cleaning treatment with rinsing the residues.
3) To ensure the tile or grout does not become compromised before you use any detergent or chemicals, be sure to complete a patch test on a small, inconspicuous are of the tile and grout.
4) Mostly because of challenges to rinse clean, higher concentrations should not be used and dilute the chemicals and commercial products as directed.
5) To optimize results, let the described mixtures above set for 5-10 minutes unless otherwise instructed.
6) Promptly wipe up any spills to prevent a lot of these stains.