When it comes time for a beauty regimen, most people perform their rituals in the bathroom and in most bathrooms, the floors and countertops are tile and grout. When the common things spill, splatter, and mark the surface, it can potentially stain if not immediately treated, especially if your tile isn’t sealed. Today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to address the common beauty stains on tile and grout including nail polish, lipstick and makeup, hair dye, and hair removing wax.
How to Remove Nail Polish from Tile & Grout
1) With non-acetone nail polish remover, soak a paper towel.
2) With firm pressure, place the paper towel on the grout and press it down and ensure the paper towel is covering the spot in whole.
3) Allow the paper towel to sit for 3-5 minutes to break the nail polish up.
4) Gently scrub the area until the stain is gone using an old toothbrush dipped in nail polish removal.
5) Once stain is gone, us a water damp cloth to rinse the area and follow with a dry rag to remove the residual moisture.
How to Clean Hair Dye from Floor Tiles
1) Using soapy water (a bout tsp of mild dish soap and 1 cup of warm water) dampen a cloth and wipe up the excess dye.
2) If the residue remains, make a paste of baking soda and water and use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the area clean.
3) Use a water damp cloth/rag to wash away the residues.
1) Using the warm soapy water solution, dip a cloth and wipe away the stains.
2) If stain remains behind, add 1 tsp of ammonia to the warm soapy solution and damp a cloth and re-wipe the surface.
3) Rinse with a water only damp cloth and dry immediately with a rag.
How to Get Hair Removing Wax from Tile Floors
1) To harden the wax as much as possible, rub an ice cube over the surface.
2) After wax is hard, chip it off the surface using a safe scraper. Avoid a metal scraper for tile as it could scratch, use plastic scraper or an old credit card. Use caution to not damage the grout or tile while scraping.
3) If wax persists in the grooves and grout, lay a paper bag or old towel over remaining wax.
4) Gently rub a warm clothes iron set on low with no steam over the bag or towel.
5) If there is not an iron available, you can heat it up using a blow dryer. Holding it a few inches away, put it on high heat and point it at the bag or towel.
6) Be sure to transfer the wax on different areas of the bag or towel as you rotate it.
7) Until no more of the wax remains, repeat these steps as necessary.
Natural Stone Cleaning, Sealing, Polishing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
With Silver State Floor Restoration, we can help remove these stains or any others from your tile and grout. With proper sealing and immediate action, you can avoid stains on the grout and tile. Call us today to have your tile and grout floors cleaned and sealed!