Especially when they are just cleaning it, granite has a few weaknesses that can cause damage that many people don’t realize, though granite is durable and to an extent, resilient. With a bit of care and proper maintenance, your granite tile will look amazing for years to come, use cleaners and techniques are often the cause to the granite surfaces downfall. Your granite tile will look amazing for years to come using cleaners and techniques are often the cause to the granite surfaces downfall but with a bit of care and proper maintenance. To help you care for your granite tile, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to offer some tips and advice.
Granite Cleaning Products & Supplies
You need to collect:
– Baking Soda
– Hydrogen peroxide
– Plastic Wrap
– Mild Dish Soap
– 3 Microfiber Cloths
– Soft Sponge
– Mixing Bucket
– Or Approved Granite Cleaner
How to Clean Granite Stone
1) Prep Your sponge. Do not an abrasive scrubbing pad or it could scratch the granite’s surface and dampen a soft sponge. Into the center of the sponge and dilute under the faucet, squirt a dab of mild liquid dish soap. A microfiber cloth works as well if you prefer.
2) Wring the Sponge Out. Until you have lather, work the sponge or cloth up and wring out the excess water. If too much standing water collects beneath the surface, granite is highly absorbent natural stone and can easily become discolored.
3) Wash the Granite Tile. To wash the entire surface, gently use small circular patterns. Use a little extra muscle but avoid non-abrasives to work out the crusts for any dried-on splatters.
4) Completely Dry the Granite. To fully dry the granite tile, use a dry microfiber cloth. Increase the eye-popping shine, it will ensure it is safe from unsightly water damage but eliminate the streaks
5) Removing Stains. They can still occur and when they do most people panic though granite can usually resist stains. Stains can come out easily with a few ingredients most people already have in their pantries generally. For water-based stains, start with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. With baking soda and water, oil-based stains are removed. Until a paste is created, both scenarios should be mixed. Place plastic wrap over the top and tape the edges down, use a spoon to spread the paste over the stain. With a damp microfiber cloth and dry, leave the concoction on a few days and wipe it clean.
6) Maintenance by a Professional. Sealant is what actually helps the granite resist the stains. Making the granite more susceptible to staining, the sealant will dissipate over time, however. Whenever you notice the little stains increasing, Granite tile should be professionally deep cleaned and sealed 1-2 times a year as well.
Can You Use Lysol Wipes on Granite Countertops?
On your granite tile or you will cause permanent damage, it is essential you do not use the following cleaners and implements:
– Steel Wool
– Scrubby Sponges or Pads
– Bleach or Bleach-Based Products
– Ammonia or Ammonia-based Cleaners, such as Windex.
– Acidic Juices (use coasters on countertops).
– Acidic Cleaners including vinegar, lemon, lime, and citrus.
Natural Stone Refinishing & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Call the experts of Silver State Floor Restoration and let our team of specialist take on the care of your granite tile, when your granite tile is need of the deep professional cleaning and sealing.