Very special care is essential for natural stone in order to maintain its beauty and elegance as well as its lifespan. With simple maintenance and care, you can preserve natural stone’s beauty for generations to come. You can add a touch of stylishness to our home’s entry hallway, kitchen counters, and bathroom vanity and fireplace mantel with natural stone such as marble, travertine, onyx, and slate. Because they are prone to etching dull marks and tiny cracks which is generally caused by acid-based foods and cleaners, many people shy away from these stones. You can decrease the etching as well as a stain that comes from everyday wear-and-tea with proper care and well maintenance. With this in mind, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to discuss cleaning and care tips for natural stone tile.
What’s the Difference Between Honed & Polished Stone?
There are some crucial steps to know the situation that you are facing before you start cleaning natural. It is very important to identify what type of stone finish you have before you begin. Although there are several stone finishes, the list below is the most common.
Polished: Being light reflecting, this is a glossy surface emphasizes the markings of the stone and color.
Honed: With the slight reflection of light, this is a satin smooth surface. It’s generally used for floors, treads, stairs, thresholds, and all other locations where thick traffic will wear off the polished finish.
Natural Stone Cleaning
1) Remove surface dirt and particulates with sweeping.
2) Either use a specific cleaner to your natural stone or simply fill a bucket of warm water and a small amount of neutral liquid all-purpose cleaners. When it starts to get dirty, change the solution. It is better to use a particular stone-safe cleaner, like your pH neutral since stone surfaces are quite an investment, which removes most dirt and stains while guaranteeing the stone’s integrity.
3) Start washing the surface by dipping a microfiber towel, or a mop in the solution.
4) Make certain to get the corners and edges as you methodically wash the surface towards the exit.
5) For speedy drying, promote air circulation with fans or if the weather is nice, open a window.
Can I Pressure Wash My Tile?
Though you can get rid of the grit and grime with a pressure washer, there is an increased risk of damaging the tiles. We have seen some sites advise homeowners to use pressure washers to clean their natural stone tile. We strongly discourage this course of action. They need to be used with care and appropriate techniques. When it comes to removing tough stains or a buildup of grit and grime you can’t manage, we encourage homeowners to turn to professional cleaning services. Professionals have powerful equipment and premium products that can cut through any buildup and restore the natural stone tile to its vibrancy and shine.
Natural Stone Cleaning, Sealing, Polishing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
When it comes to the natural tile in your home or business in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas, you can trust in Silver State Floor Restoration for cleaning and other maintenance services. Call us to schedule your next appointment today!