Tile and grout are found covering many surfaces, such as floor, countertops, walls around tubs, showers, and backsplashes. There are countless options including manmade stone and natural stone tile that have variations have different sizes, cut, colors, patterns and textures. With so much versatility, sturdiness, and resilience, tile and grout are used to enhance any style and design of a room to leave it looking remarkable. With proper care and maintenance, the tile can last for as long as you need it to and one of the primary maintenance applications for most tile and grout is the sealant. Today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share the benefits the sealants for your Las Vegas, Nevada Valley tile and grout.
Benefits of Tile & Grout Floor Sealing
Despite the resilience, tile and especially grout, are susceptible to absorbing moisture, germs, bacteria, and soil due to the porous nature. The buildup of these particulates will quickly make the grout and tile look dull, dingy, and accelerate the decay of the grout. Using sealants provide a protective barrier.
1) Cost Efficient. Sealing the tile and grout is something that needs to be done every 6-12 months as a part of routine maintenance. Harsh chemical cleaners dissolve the sealants faster, which should be avoided, and daily foot traffic contributes to the wear. Sealant services are inexpensive and are a better ulterior to having to replace the grout, or even tile due to neglect.
2) Maintains Aesthetics. The surface of your tile and grout looks vibrant and spotless with the use of sealers. It can also increase the shine and maintain the luster to preserve the beauty of your tile and grout.
3) Improves Safety. To reduce the risk of slipping and falling while still preserving the shine, sealants are often formulated with a slip resistant additive.
4) Provides Stain Resistance. Stains can occur due to the porosity of tile and grout; mold and mildew, or other stains can be avoided by using sealants as they significantly reduce the risk of staining. The sealants provide a barrier that prevents most substances from leaving behind a stain.
5) Moisture Absorption is Minimized. Because the porousness of grout and tile, moisture can easily be absorbed, which leads to mildew and mold growth. Where tile and grout is typically used in high-moisture rooms, such as kitchens and bathrooms, keeping them sealed is imperative to prevent excess moisture from seeping into the grout.
6) Maintenance Becomes Simpler. With sealants blocking the absorption of contaminates that can make tile and grout look dirty, stained, and dingy, your maintenance routines are made all the easier.
7) Potentially Increases Lifespan. Without the use of sealants, there are quite a few factors that can accelerate the decay causing the tile and grout to first look filthy until it starts to become brittle and crack, leasing the replacement.
8) Resists Mold and Mildew Growth. With the high absorption of dirt, debris, and moisture, tile and grout are susceptible to mold and mildew growth. Sealants hinder the absorption and thus the mold and mildew.