There are several reasons that people choose to put tile flooring in their homes. It is a flooring choice that can allow you to enjoy years of a durable and beautiful floor in your home. However low maintenance your flooring may be, it is still important that you are cleaning and maintaining it properly, because even ceramic tile isn’t invincible and can sustain damage. There are many mistakes that homeowners often make when cleaning their ceramic tile. Silver State Floor Restoration is here to point out some of the cleaning mistakes that happen when cleaning tile to help you avoid damaging your tile flooring during the cleaning process.
What is the Best Way to Wash Tile Floors? What Should You Not Clean Tile Flooring With?
Following are some of the most common cleaning mistakes that homeowners should avoid to protect their tile flooring from damage.
– Improper Sealing: While sealing is an important part of keeping your tile floors protected from debris and staining, it is important that you know what you’re doing when sealing your tile. It is often far more beneficial to leave tile floor sealing to the pros because they know how to do it properly. For instance, if you aren’t completely removing the old sealant from your time before adding the sealant, it can lead to discoloration and damage.
– Harsh Cleaning Chemicals: You should avoid using any harsh or abrasive chemicals on your tile flooring. You shouldn’t use cleaners that are filled with bleach, ammonia, or muriatic acid as these cleaners can be too harsh. It may be tempting to use them because you want to make sure your floor is disinfected, however, the harsh chemicals leave damage instead. If you have ceramic tile flooring, baking soda is a great household cleaner. You should avoid using baking soda on natural stone though.
– Mopping Before Sweeping: You don’t want to mop your flooring before you sweep. Sweeping or vacuuming your tile flooring will remove the large debris and dirt particles that can leave your tile flooring scratched. You shouldn’t ever mop before you sweep your flooring.
– Dirty Mops: If the mop you are using on your flooring isn’t a clean one, you could be doing more damage that you are cleaning. It will simply move the dirt and grime around on your flooring rather than getting your floors clean. Make sure you’re changing the water often and rinsing your mop head often as well.
– Abrasive Cleaning Materials: Scrubbing your tile floors might help you remove stuck on grime, but it can also damage your floors. It can leave you with permanent scratches.
Tile Cleaning, Polishing, Sealing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have tile flooring in your home, you can count on Silver State Floor Restoration to ensure your tile flooring is cleaned properly to avoid damaging it. If you have natural stone flooring, it is even more important that you are caring for it properly so that you don’t end up with damaged floors. Call us today!