When you decide on tile or natural stone flooring for your home, grout plays an essential role in that installation process. It is necessary to choose the right grout for your flooring; not only because of the way that it will look, but the performance side of things as well. Some will deteriorate quicker than others, so you need to decide which one is for you. Silver State Floor Restoration is here to talk about some of the different types of grout out there and why it is so important that you choose the right one for your home or business.
Importance of Tile or Natural Stone Flooring with Grout Lines
Grout is used to fill the joints found between the tiles that make up your flooring. This porous material plays an essential role in the appearance as well as the durability of your flooring. Some of the valuable benefits that come from the right grout include:
– Crisp, finished appearance
– Strengthens the tile
– Keeps dirt and debris from making its way beneath the tile
Different Types of Grout
When it comes to grout, there are three different types of grout you can choose from. We are here to explain a bit about what the differences between them all are.
– Sanded Grout: Any tiling project that has grout joints that are greater than 1/8 inch wide, should use sanded grout. The sand that is found in this mixture will help give larger joints the strength and durability that they need. You can use this grout both inside and out to complete whatever tiling project you are working on.
– Unsanded Grout: When you are using a grout joint that is 1/8 inch or less in width, you will use an unsanded grout. This type of grout is stickier than sanded grout and is most commonly used on walls or countertops.
– Epoxy Grout: If you choose epoxy grout, you don’t have to worry about sealing it because it isn’t porous. It will be better at holding up over time without cracking, but is harder to work with. It is also more expensive the other options.
How to Pick Grout Color for Tile Floor, Shower Wall, Counter, Backsplash & More
Before you choose monochromatic or dichromatic grout for your home, you may want to be clear on what that means. Monochromatic grout will be the same color as the tiles you are using. Dichromatic grout will contrast in color. You just need to decide if you want the grout highlighted or not. Choosing the right color is a personal choice that will either stand out or blend in with the tile you have chosen.
Tile & Natural Stone Floor Cleaning & Sealing in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
No matter what grout you choose for your tile flooring, it is important that you properly maintain it. At Silver State Floor Restoration, we provide superior tile and grout cleaning services to keep your tile flooring in excellent condition. We will seal your grout if necessary to help you battle against staining that easily happens on such a porous surface. Call us today!