It will stand the test of time if cared for correctly, it is easy to maintain, and natural stone flooring is an elegant option. Both the exterior and interior of your home over the long term, natural stone is versatile enough to achieve the aesthetic, performance, and cost goals. Today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to discuss the dos and don’ts of natural stone tile care. This will help your natural stone tile and grout floors last, and last in the best condition possible.
Dos of Natural Stone Tile
1) In high traffic areas and entry ways, use non-slip mats or rugs.
2) In order to clean and slow the wear caused by dirt build up, you need to regularly dust, vacuum, and mop.
3) Since it can be absorbed into the porous material, clean spills immediately so they don’t become stains.
4) In addition to your day-to-day cleaning to ensure that the floor is properly cleaned and sealed to prevent deterioration, stains, make regular cleaning easier and provide healthy surfaces for the home or workplace, hire a professional tile and grout cleaner.
5) Instead of coating older sealer with a fresh coat, regularly strip and seal your floor. To ensure floors aren’t damaged, you achieve a higher and more even shine and the desired finish is achieved, experts recommend using a professional to ensure floors aren’t damaged.
Don’ts of Natural Stone Tile
1) Don’t hire just anyone. Hiring a unreputable professional, or one just fresh out of a 6-week course should be avoided, otherwise it can result in shoddy work, or even damage.
2) Harsh chemicals use on soft natural stone is not good. The sealants will deteriorate faster, and you can damage the stone.
3) Do not rely on a mop and bucket or an inefficient vacuum. Worn vacuums can cause scratches on the floor surface, and inefficient vacuums will leave too much debris behind. Using mop and buckets tend to just smear the dirt and debris around and as the water gets muddy, you just reapply the filth back to the tile.
4) Never drag furniture across the tile. Chairs, tables and heavier items should be lifted when they are moved and consider protective covers on the legs.
It is important that you clean, maintain and follow proper care to ensure their beauty and longevity as well as understand all floors have their own unique properties. You will occasionally need an expert to help bring them back to life, whether your natural stone is inside or outside. In addition to needing an expert to help revitalize the stone tine, you need to rely on a professional to provide quality maintenance services one or more times throughout the year.
Natural Stone Care & Restoration Services & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Being specialists in the industry, when your natural stone tile and grout need cleaning and other maintenance services in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas, call in the experts of Silver State Floor Restoration and let us take care of you. Our professionals have the skills, training, and experience to address the type of tile you have accordingly, and ensure quality results.