Why You Should Have Your Tile Floors Professionally Cleaned After Water Damage in Downtown Las Vegas, NV

When you have water damage or flooding in your home, it may seem easy or at least tempting to try and clean it up yourself. While it may be possible it may not be the smartest choice. When there is water damage in your home that water damage can end up leading to unhealthy problems that you do not want left on your floor. Because of these unhealthy problems, having a professional cleaning after water damage is the best choice. Silver State Floor Restoration explores this further below.

Mold Growth

Mold may be under debris or carpet when you have water damage. Mold spores are microscopic and can contaminate any seurface they land on. You want to make sure that you look at your floors with a high-power flashlight to see if there is any mold growth after water damage. Mold can grow within 48 hours of water damage. Mold can cause allergies and respiratory problems plus cause infections in infants, children, and people that have a weak immune system.

Bacteria Growth

If you have water damage, you have bacteria also, which can live up to four days on a floor. With bacteria, it can cause allergies, infections, and other problems. If you have water damage you will find bacteria. The bathroom, kitchen, and laundry rooms are the main areas. When these places are exposed to moisture, the bacteria can grow and need to be disinfected. Not just any disinfectant will work. You need to call a professional to come disinfect and clean your tile floors.

Viruses & Bloodborne Pathogens

Viruses that are in your blood, stools, or vomit can last up to 24 hours. These viruses can be the flu, measles, or hepatitis. Plus, bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis A, hepatitis C, HIV, and others. They can be transmitted through contact with any surface that have been contaminated through a flood. As gross as that sounds, this is why it is very important to disinfect and get them professionally cleaned after damage.

Debris & Dust

A very big problem that happens after water damage is there becomes lots of dust and debris. The reason why this is so bad is that dust mites can become harmful. They feast on dead skin cells. While we lose a lot of dead skin cells, these critters can cause allergies, respiratory issues, and asthma attacks. They could also cause itchy eyes and dry throat and mouth. All things that make it harder for you to breathe when exposed to it.

Tile & Grout Cleaning & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada

After water damage, it is very important that you get your floors professionally cleaned. You want to avoid any mold, bacteria growth, dust and debris, and definitely any viruses and blood-borne pathogens. These can all cause serious health issues if not taken care of. If you have experienced any water damage, then give Silver State Floor Restoration a call and we will come clean and restore your tile floor.

Call Now Button