Granite is still an incredibly popular choice for kitchen countertops, yet homeowners across the nation are starting to consider the many benefits of engineered quartz. Quartz is a hard manmade material that is composed of stone-like particles bound together with resins and pressed into sheets. One of the many benefits of quartz is that it does not easily scratch or chip. To maintain the beauty of your quartz countertops, do not place hot dishes or pans directly onto the surface. The use of trivets is recommended along with the use of cutting boards to protect the surface and avoid dulling your knives. According to the knowledgeable experts at Silver State Floor Restoration, your quartz countertops can be easily cleaned and maintained between professional cleanings.
Tips to Clean and Maintain Your Quartz Countertops Between Professional Cleanings
Keeping your countertops properly cared for between professional cleaning is fairly simple if you are careful to use the correct cleaning products.
1. Begin with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. If you spill something on your countertops that hardens before you can wipe it up remove it by scraping the area with a blunt scraper made from plastic never metal which can scratch the surface causing permanent damage.
2. Next, clean the entire area with a vinegar/water solution or a non-abrasive cleaning pad combined with non-bleach or non-abrasive liquid household cleanser before rinsing with clean water and drying with a clean cloth.
3. Keep in mind that your quartz countertop is non-porous, so spills are not absorbed making the entire area stain-resistant.
4. Some chemicals, cleaning solutions, and solvents including bleach, can cause permanent discoloration and should be avoided.
5. Some stains can be removed by moistening a clean cloth with Goo gone and rubbing it into the stain. Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove all traces of solvent.
6. Never use harsh scrubbing pads on your countertops or apply any sealers. These products can wear off over time causing the glossy surface of the quartz to appear dull and lackluster.
Tile & Grout Cleaning in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Quartz countertops rival the design, sophistication, and appearance of real stone. To keep your quartz countertops in pristine condition for years of service and beauty; contact the knowledgeable experts at Silver State Floor Restoration today to schedule your professional evaluation and cleaning.