There are so many different types of tile available for people to utilize in their homes and businesses. Natural stone and manmade materials are available in different sizes, colors, and styles. Most people select a tile primarily for the way it looks and few give little thought to the maintenance involved. Though tile has many similarities, it also has its differences in the overall care and maintenance involved. With that being said, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to list the dos and don’ts of caring for natural stone tiles.
How to Clean Natural Stone
1) Remove all dirt, dust, and debris from the surface of your natural stone tile on a daily basis.
2) Immediately cleanup accidental spills.
3) Utilize coasters for beverages, particularly the drinks containing citrus or alcohol. Acidic compounds, including the acid in food and drinks, can dull the surface; especially susceptible stones are marble, onyx, and travertine.
4) In addition to the daily surface clean, including weekly deep cleaning for the tile and grout is necessary.
Cleaning Natural Stone Don’ts
1) Never use bathroom, grout or tub and tile cleaners, abrasive cleaners like soft or dry cleansers, as well as vinegar, lemon juices, or citrus or acid based cleaners.
2) A very toxic mixture is bleach and ammonia, and it should never be used on natural stone tile.
3) Do not place hot plates or cookware directly on the stone, be sure to keep a dish pad or mat between the tile surface and hot items.
Natural Stone Floor Maintenance
1) When the flooring needs a wash, use a damp mop with plain water more often than chemical use. A mild vegetable soap should work on most natural stone, but always be sure your specific tile has the appropriate cleaner when it requires more cleaning than water.
2) Mop up spills quickly.
3) Daily dust mopping, sweeps or vacuuming on the bare floor setting is recommended because dust and debris contributes to dulling the surface as well as other deterioration.
4) Utilize area rugs in high traffic areas to protect your stone floors. .
Natural Stone Countertop/ Bathroom Vanity Tops Maintenance
1) After wiping down the countertops with a damp cloth, immediately follow-up with a dry cloth to reduce streaking.
2) When water isn’t enough, only use appropriate detergents specific for your natural stone tile.
3) Always use your coaster for beverages and keep acidic products away from countertops, and quickly treat spills.
Natural Stone Shower Walls Maintenance
1) Use the designated cleaners designed for your natural stone tile to remove soap scum; using other cleaners could easily lead to corrosion.
2) Routinely evaluate the grout and caulk lines, and if any damage is noticeable, make the needed repairs as soon as possible.
3) Utilize a squeegee after every use to minimize the soap scum buildup.
Natural Stone Cleaning, Sealing, Restoration & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Silver State Floor Restoration is the leading professionals for caring for your natural stone tile in the Las Vegas, NV Valley. We can provide the deep cleaning service and other care treatments to keep your tile in optimal condition. Call us today to schedule your natural stone cleaning service!