When you choose a natural stone flooring like slate, sealing the floor is a must. While slate is a very beautiful flooring you want to make sure you take care of it properly. Sealing the slate can bring up many concerns for homeowners such as, “Will it keep the beauty and the color of the slate?”. Before we dive into the benefits of sealing your slate, Silver State Floor Restoration will talk about cleaning it.
What is the Best Way to Clean Slate Stones?
Cleaning your floors correctly is one of the most important parts when it comes to slate floors. Following these few steps can help make sure that it is done correctly.
– Sometimes your slate floor is covered with cracking wax. Before you clean your floor you need to get rid of this. You can use a commercial floor stripper without damaging your floor. Follow the steps accordingly to make sure that it is done correctly.
– You want to remove all of the dirt and debris from the floor. You can do this by using a soft broom and sweeping the floor. You can also use your vacuum, but make sure you only use the soft brush attachment.
– After removing the dirt your floor may still look dirty. You can clean your floor by using soapy water before polishing. Make sure to rinse the floor to remove any soap residue.
Benefits of Sealing Slate Floors
Sealing your slate is very common for the maintenance of your flooring. It comes with many benefits to help protect your tile.
– It protects against stains and spills. It gives it a barrier against any liquid that comes in contact with it. A slate that is not sealed is very porous so if any liquid comes in contact with slate it can ruin it. Sealed slate can be protected from any spills, oils, and any other household substance.
– When your tile is sealed, it can help enhance durability and longevity. It will give it that protective layer to help reduce the effects of wear and tear, and even help minimize chipping. Sealing your tile can help protect from water damage which is good for places that have high humidity.
– Slate flooring can be beautiful flooring when it is sealed it can help preserve that beauty. it can also help deepen the color and enrich the texture plus enhance its features.
– When you decide to seal your slate, you get different choices that you can choose from. You can choose different colors to deepen the color or bring out more of the natural features. You also can choose an invisible sealer so you can keep your original color.
Natural Stone Cleaning & Sealing, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Sealing & More in Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Your slate is a beautiful flooring. Keep that beauty of the flooring by sealing it. There are so many options to choose from when sealing your slate floor. It should be a must so that it is taken care of properly. Silver State Floor Restoration knows how much you want to protect your slate flooring and can help you seal that flooring to preserve its beauty.