Travertine flooring is one of the most beautiful natural stone floors you can choose for your home. Many people are drawn to the natural beauty that it can bring into their home. Travertine is a stone that is similar to limestone in appearance and beauty. If you have travertine flooring that has lost its shine, you may be wondering how you can get it back. Silver State Floor Restoration is here to talk about what it takes to get that beautiful shine back in your travertine floors.
What is Travertine Used For?
There are many different applications where people will choose to incorporate travertine into their home.
– Fireplaces: A great way to draw someone’s attention to your fireplace is to put a travertine surround on it. It doesn’t get more beautiful than that stone.
– Countertops: While it may not be ideal for countertops because of its porous surface, some homeowners don’t care and love the look.
– Backsplashes: The beautiful patterns that are found throughout travertine stone make a pleasing backsplash that is sure to compliment many different types of countertops.
– Interior Flooring: One of the most common places that people put travertine is inside their homes as their flooring of choice. A honed finish is a popular choice.
– Pool Decks: Travertine is extremely slip resistant which makes it an excellent choice for pool decks.
– Shower & Tub Surrounds: Travertine gives any bathroom the elegant feel that homeowners are looking for when they choose it.
How Do You Take Care of Travertine?
Because travertine has a porous surface, it is important that you maintain it properly to keep its beauty. There are microscopic pores all throughout travertine that can absorb any spills that happen when you don’t have the surface sealed. Once you have the travertine sealed, it is quite simple to maintain it. All you usually need to clean travertine is warm water and a mild detergent. If you are looking for a glossy surface rather than the honed look, you will need to have your travertine sealed more often to keep that glossy finish that brings so much elegance with it.
Different Travertine Finishes
There are a few different finishes that you can choose for travertine floors.
– Honed: This finish looks lightly polished but will still have that matte finish. If you are putting travertine in your home, this is the most popular finish choice.
– Polished: Having a high gloss polish on your travertine is going to be the most stain resistant choice. You will just need to seal it more often.
– Tumbled: This is a rounded corner finish that gives the stone a more aged and antique look.
– Brushed: If you are looking for a true matte surface, this is your best option.
Professional Natural Stone Cleaning and Restoration in Aliante, Desert Shores, Centennial, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Lone Mountain Village, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you have travertine floors, it is important that you keep them sealed. At Silver State Floor Restoration, we provide natural stone sealing and cleaning that will keep your travertine floor beautiful and protected. Call us today!