Thinking about upgrading your home’s flooring but not sure where to start? If you want to plan a kitchen or bathroom redesign with some of the hottest trends in the flooring industry, there are some products and design choices that you should definitely consider before making your final flooring selections.
Wood-look Porcelain Ceramic Tile
Wood-look porcelain ceramic tile has always been a favorite when it comes to flooring options but this year, wood-look tile is venturing towards some exceptionally creative looks including:
• Layout: Look for tile planks in an assortment of patterns. Herringbone is particularly interesting and is making a very strong focal statement on walls as well as floors.
• Reclaimed: The weathered, distressed look is reminiscent of an old country cottage and includes aged painted planks on floors and walls.
• Cross Grain: When you look at a piece of wood you will notice the wood grain. Wood-look tile on the other hand can also feature the look of the cross-grain, which is designed to place particular emphasis on the rings and textures of a natural tree stump.
Smooth Cement-Look Floor Tile
Just like wood-look tile, cement-look tile has been around for a number of years. Some of the trends for the coming year include:
• Cotto: When cotto and concrete are combined, you can achieve the look of concrete that is uplifted by adding both depth and character. The look is both rustic and aged and works with both classic and modern designs.
• Soft Tones: Cement look tile is available in soft tones including warm grey, beige and soft taupe and complements many modern and classic designs.
• Shape & Size: Concrete-look tiles are available in mosaic, planks, and larger formats and can be customized to complement the furnishings in your home.
Brick Look Wall, Back Splash & Floor Tile
The beauty of brick-look tile is that it is easier to maintain than real brick without compromising the look or feel.
• Floors: Typically brick-look tile is used on walls but this year brick-look tile is a practical flooring option that is already a proven asset for floors
• Painted Brick: Brick-look tile is getting a facelift with a touch of paint. Painted brick is both contemporary and retro especially when used with graphics and highlights in metallic colors.
• Rustic: Aged-brick-look tile is one of the most popular trends for 2016 and adds interest and texture to floors.
Marble Look Porcelain Ceramic Tile Backsplash & Floor Tile
The classic high-end look of marble can be expensive but a more affordable option is porcelain tile.
• Formats: Porcelain tile can be used on floors and walls, as a mosaic and can be combined with other materials to create a unique look in your home
• Calacatta: is a classic marble with a white background that consists of grey veining. It can be reproduced in porcelain tile that is both beautiful and realistic looking.
Porcelain Ceramic Tile & Grout & Natural Stone Cleaning, Polishing & Sealing in Las Vegas Valley NV, Summerlin, North LV & Henderson Nevada
If you are interested in learning more about caring for your flooring, contact the experienced professionals at Silver State Floor Restoration. Our knowledgeable floor restoration specialists are available to help you with your cleaning, polishing, honing, sealing and restoration of natural stone and man-made stone floors in Las Vegas, Nevada.