Among the easiest to maintain, tile and grout flooring are among the durable and common options for floors. Washing the floor free from spots and residues, as well as removing dust and debris is the basic maintenance involved. However, there is periodic maintenance that is equally important, including professional deep cleaning, sealing, polishing, and other treatments. Many people are torn with the options when it comes to washing the tile and grout flooring when it concerns their individual care and maintenance. Mopping is an essential part of the cleaning process and today, we at Silver State Floor Restoration would like to share the options of traditional mopping versus steam mopping.
Wring Mop & Bucket Solution
Many simply grab the bucket of hot water, or their preferred tile and grout cleaner and a mop to wash down the tile flooring. Typically, the traditional mop includes a number of options including dust mops, sponge mops, rope mops, flat mops, and a few less common, but ultimately, the choice comes to process. In some cases, traditional mopping comes to scrubbing on your hands and knees for a more thorough approach, but they all require energy and stamina, the latter more so.
Use a Steam Mop on Tiles
Steam cleaning in general, for quite some time now, has improved the cleaning, enhancing efficiency as well as accelerating the drying process. There are countless models available, much like traditional mopping, it comes to preference. These tools are designed to be more mobile and to simplify your cleaning routine. Steam mopping will do more than just wash the residue and spots from the surface, it will eliminate the invisible germs. Eliminating up to 99.99% of bacteria that lead to common illnesses, the steam mops are able to reach hot enough temperatures. Making steam mopping more eco-friendly, safer and cost-effective option, these tolls do not require the use of potentially harmful cleaners. There are quite a few chemical cleaners that can be hard on sensitive, especially kids and pets, particularly when they are improperly mixed. By removing this hazard from the equation, cleaning is optimally safer.
Advantages of Mopping Tile Floors
1) Being that steam mops rely on steam for cleaning, any scented cleaner is limited. If you prefer these scents, you need the cleaners, and traditional options for mopping.
2) Traditional mopping takes more work, making this optimal for people with energy to burn.
3) Mops and bucket are initially cheaper than steam mops. Although you should keep in mind long-term use requires more money spent on replacement mop heads and cleaners.
Benefits of Steam Mopping
1) Steam mops come in many models that offer different features, with the right one, you have more diversity and can use them beyond cleaning the tile and grout flooring, as they can be used for showers, countertops and other hard surface floor options.
2) Scrubbing is eliminated.
3) Dry time is reduced as steam mopping requires less water than traditional mopping.
4) Potentially harmful cleaning chemicals are avoided.
5) Simplify the tools you need to haul around to get the tile floors clean.
6) Steam cleaning kills the germs traditional mopping cannot.
7) Safer for pets, kids, and the environment.
Tile & Grout Cleaning Services & More in Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Enterprise, Green Valley Ranch, Henderson, Inspirada, Mountain’s Edge, North LV, Peccole Ranch, Paradise, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Spring Valley, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Ultimately, it comes to preference on how you wash the tile and grout flooring in your home. However, when it comes to deep cleaning and other treatments, Silver State Floor Restoration is your leading expert. Contact us today!