The surfaced areas surrounding our homes can change the look and design of any room. Depending where you are in the home, the variety of floors and countertops, showers and bathrooms; the surfaces have a wide range of choices. No matter which is preferred, it all needs to be cleaned and properly maintained to retain its beauty and shine.
Las Vegas Floor Restoration would like to offer you some maintenance tips, specifically for porcelain tile and grout.
Cleaning & Caring for Unpolished or Unglazed Porcelain Tile
1. Sweep or vacuum on the bare floor setting, a minimum of once a day or as often as needed.
2. Use cleaners designed for unpolished/unglazed porcelain tile. Completely saturate your floor, probably easier achieved in a grid pattern (clean sections at a time for better control). Agitate the floors with the cleaning solution gently and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Do NOT allow any cleaning solutions to dry on the floor.
3. On stubborn stains, an abrasive pad, scrub brush or cleaning machines may be required.
4. Either using a wet vacuum or a mop, clear away the water detergent, along with the dirt it has brought to the surface.
5. Dry with a clean, dry towel, or allow ample time for air drying.
6. For heavy stains that persist, contact a professional from Las Vegas Floor Restoration.
Cleaning & Caring for Polished or Glazed Porcelain Tile
1. Sweep the floors with an untreated dust mop, or a vacuum on the bare floor setting daily, or as needed.
2. Utilize a mild cleaning solution to mop the floors.
3. Rinse the tile thoroughly with clean water.
4. Be sure to take the time to conduct a detailed drying to hinder water spots.
Cleaning & Caring for Textured Porcelain Tile
1. Sweep with a soft bristled broom in 2 different directions or vacuum on the bare floor setting daily or as often as needed.
2. Mix a neutral cleaning detergent with hot water and completely immerse your floor with the solution. Allow solution to set for 5-10 minutes. With a scrub brush, wash in two directions.
3. With clean, cool water, rinse the floor thoroughly.
4. If there are any high traffic areas, it is recommended to wash them down daily.
Tile & Grout Cleaning Mistakes to Avoid
1. Do not use ammonia, bleach or acidic based cleaners. Doing so could compromise the color of the tile.
2. Stay away from oil base detergents, wax cleaners or sealants.
3. Stay away from any cleaners that have any dyes in the cleaner on unglazed/unpolished tiles.
4. Deter the use of wool pads.
5. To hinder messes, use area rugs in the high traffic areas.
Professional Natural Stone & Man Made Tile & Grout Cleaning, Polishing & Sealing in the Las Vegas Valley including Summerlin, North Las Vegas & Henderson Nevada
Our experts at Las Vegas Floor Restoration has the experience and expertise to properly clean and maintain your variations of porcelain tile among others. With a routinely scheduled, professional maintenance and cleaning, your surface areas will be clean and properly cared for to extend the life span. For those simply too busy, too physically incapable, or just don’t have the motivation, let Las Vegas Floor Restoration come to your aid, and care for floors. Call us today to schedule your appointment for your home or business.